Start a Career in Medical Coding. Call To Sign Up For Classes Today!
Medical Coding Training Curriculum
We offer the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) nationally recognized Professional Medical Coding Curriculum (PMCC) which best prepares the coder for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) national examination.
Overview of some course topics:
- Medical terminology and basic human anatomy for accurate word meaning and correct code selection.
- Practical and theoretical coding knowledge with ample opportunity to develop practical medical coding skills.
- Guidelines and laws pertaining to compliance and medical billing issues for the physician and the medical coder.
- Accelerated level of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding as well as correct coding and documentation guidelines.
- The principles of Evaluation & Management (non surgical) services and auditing applications by utilizing the AMA descriptive guidelines.
- Mastering the surgical coding guidelines for all body areas and organ systems.
About Kelly M. Anastasio:
Our instructor, Kelly M. Anastasio, is dedicated to best preparing the student for a career in the medical coding industry. Kelly is a graduate of Dean College and is currently employed by Yale University as a Clinical Research and Billing Manager. She brings forth over eigheten years experience in the medical coding and health care industry. Kelly has acquired several coding credentials from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), such has her Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H) and Certified Professional Coder-Payor (CPC-P). In addition, she has also achieved two specialty coding credentials in Orthopaedics and is currently the AAPC Coding Workshop Instructor for Advanced Surgical Auditing, Advanced E&M Auditing, Modifier Application and RAC Auditing in Hartford, CT.
As a certified Professional Medical Coding Instructor, Kelly is committed to giving her students hands-on experience with CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10 coding as well as proficient auditing and billing skills. As a long-standing member of the AAPC and 2006 Local AAPC Chapter President, Kelly attends educational seminars, conferences and is a strong advocate of correct coding and compliance. She continues to provide coding support and education to her peers as well as physicians.
John McMillen, Director • Mario Mauriello, Recruiter • Lynda McMillen, Secretary • Kelly M. Anastasio, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, Certified PMCC Instructor
Kelly M. Anastasio
AAPC, CPC, CPC-H
Next class dates
February 6th - June 18th 2020