Start a Career in Medical Coding. Call To Sign Up For Classes Today!
2019 Medical Coding Program
Classes Held Thursday Evening, 5:30p - 8:00pm
Instructor: Kelly M. Anastasio, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, PMCI
Approved by the Connecticut Commisssioner of Higher Education
We offer the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) nationally recognized Professional Medical Coding Curriculum (PMCC) which best prepares the coder for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) national examination and introduces the medical coder to the following:
- Medical terminology and basic human anatomy for accurate word meaning and correct code selection.
- Guidelines and laws pertaining to compliance and medical billing issues for the physician and the medical coder.
- Accelerated level of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding as correct coding and documentation guidelines.
- The principles of Evaluation and Management (non surgical) services and auditing applications by utilizing the AMA descriptive guidelines.
- Mastering the surgical coding guidelines for all body areas and organ systems.
CPC Curriculum: $3,000.00
**Tuition includes a non-refundable $100.00 registration fee**
Medical Coding Academy will provide the student with student workbooks, a study guide as well as the 2018 CPC coding books, ICD 10 and HCPCS books and membership to the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). The student is responsible for the examination fee which will be due 8 weeks prior to the national examination scheduled for June 23, 2018.
John McMillen, Director • Mario Mauriello, Recruiter • Lynda McMillen, Secretary • Kelly M. Anastasio, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, Certified PMCC Instructor
Kelly M. Anastasio
AAPC, CPC, CPC-H
Next class dates
August 8th – December 14th, 2019
Thursday Evening, 5:30p - 8:00pm